1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
3- to 4-lb boneless pork roast (cut into cubes)
¼ cup water
1 can La Victoria Green Enchilada Sauce
1 can (4 oz) La Preferida Diced Green Chilies
1 jar La Victoria Salsa Verde Thick & Chunky
1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
1 large onion chopped
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
8 limes, cut in half
16 flour tortillas (6 inch)
* 1 In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork roast pieces. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until well browned on all sides.
* 2 In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, place pork. Add water to skillet; cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, scraping up browned bits. Pour over pork. Top pork with enchilada sauce, salsa verde and chiles.
* 3 Cover and cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
* 4 Remove pork from cooker to cutting board. Shred pork, using 2 forks. Return pork to juices in cooker
* 5 On serving platter, arrange tomato, cilantro and lime pieces. Warm tortillas as directed on package. Spoon pork onto tortillas, using slotted spoon; top with tomato, onion & cilantro. Squeeze lime juice over fillings. Fold tortillas in half over filling & enjoy!
For spicier tacos, chop 1 or 2 jalapeño chiles and add to the pork with the taco seasoning and green chiles.
Serve with Spanish rice and Queso Chihuahua topped refried beans.